Wednesday 2 March 2011

Top Tips for Surviving Challenging Times

So a couple of years ago, HSBC asked if I could give any tips to surviving in the challenging times we were in. I said yes and the video above is the result of the interview they did with me. What I find really interesting about the words I said a couple of years ago is the nothing, and I mean nothing has changed. They all still pass my test of being sound, at least in my mind.

I mean, come on, why would we not manage our cash better. It makes sense, doesn't it? Lets be absolutely clear things have improved, but this country and our people are far from safety yet. The government has mountains to climb in reducing debt, we the people are paying more in stealth tax than ever. Diesel yesterday at £1.3299 per litre. Or in old money.....£6.05 per gallon. Personally I thought extortion was illegal!

Where is it going and where will it end, I have no idea.....but what I do know is that we all need to toughen up and accept the road will not be straight and lovely, there will be some serious deviations along the way......ultimately as the scouts say....Be Prepared!

No comments: